Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Say Anything - Say Anything


I think Max Bemis more than proved himself with Say Anything's latest album self titled “Say Anything”. It's the classic Say Anything album that everyone wants to hear. It's one of those albums that's more than likely going to get stuck in your head and tapping to all day. I wouldn't say it's the best album, nor is it what I expected from them. It's definitely a safe solid record for 2009.

Max Bemis told AbsolutePunk that the upcoming album would be “More concise and would be a bit more original, I want to say, and sort of pop out like ...Is a Real Boy did.” Bemis mentioned that this record wasn't just another album, but rather an album proving “what the point of all of it was.” In all actuality, the album was supposed to be released October 13, 2009. It wasn't until October 29, 2009 when Say Anything uploaded the entire album to their Myspace.

The popular single off the album is “Hate Everyone”. I personally can not stand the song. It's possibly the worst track off the record. I find the strongest tracks off the album are “Cemetery”, “Mara and Me”, and “Eloise”. Another great track “Do Better” features a string section. Overall I give this album 7 out of 10 stars. It's a great album that you listen to over and over, but I expected more quite honestly. It received a 25 on the Billboard 200, and it was well deserved.



You can listen to the entire album for free here.


Austen H.

No comments:

Post a Comment